Beauty and the Beast was already in production at Digital Domain when I started there to work on Deadpool, and it was still going after I finished working on Independence Day: Resurgence. And it went on for about another 6 months after that.
DD was responsible for two main parts of the project, The Beast and he’s castle.
The Beast was a complicated CG asset with lots of hair and cloth sims. The renders required a lot of work in comp, as well as lots of complicated integration work when he interacted with live action actors.
The castle was also CG but had a lot of matte painting enhancements.
As well as those two main elements there was also a lot of magic FX, and some CG wolves.